Thursday, January 3, 2013

Our Compassion Child

We will have more info within the next month but I am excited to say that we are sponsoring a child from Haiti through Compassion International.  We sponsor two children through another company.  We have not been able to correspond with them as much as I would like.  Since my children are getting older I want them to be able to write them letters and get letters back at least once a month.  Not only will it be a great thing to correspond with the children we sponsor but it's great practice in grammar and punctuation(coming from the mom who home schools)  During the Christmas season it's easy to focus my children to giving and on Jesus.  I was in search of something for the rest of the 11 months of the year.  I think this is an awesome way to keep the focus on others.  This should be our focus all 12 months of the year and not just in December.  We will certainly be serving others more, doing more for others, and just be a more giving family in the name of Jesus.  Our child we are sponsoring is in Haiti and he is 4 months older than Noah.  Our goal is to sponsor 3 children in all and them all be gender and age of our children.


No comments:

Post a Comment