Friday, October 26, 2012

Fun Friday

Wow!  What a busy day!  This morning started out with a bang.  I got the kids up and we went to town and ate breakfast.  This was their reward for doing such an awesome job with their school this week as well as helping me so much.  I had a tooth pulled on Monday and they have been super awesome and very helpful to me.  We sent Caleb off to school and Noah, Sarah, and I went to Wal-Mart and bought groceries.  

After we bought groceries at Wal-Mart we came home and unloaded.  We  began on school and I am happy to say that we were able to finish all subjects.  Usually Fridays are fun days with little to no structure due to my husband being home.  We were still doing school when it came time to pick up Caleb from preschool so my husband was nice enough to go get him.  

When my husband and Caleb got home and they were eating lunch, I went outside to let Annie get some exercise.

Beautiful leaf changing colors

Here is my sweet Chaweenie AnnaBelle

Look what I caught on camera! Beautiful!!!

After taking pictures, I went back inside and the kids were ready go carve the pumpkin.  I gathered all the supplies and took them out to the table on the patio.

About to carve a pumpkin.  Kids were so excited.

Sarah and I dug the yucky stuff out.

Daddy helped too!

Sarah got her turn to carve.

And Noah got a turn.

And even Caleb

We will be roasting pumpkin seeds soon and saving some to plant for next year.

The finished product!
 After carving the pumpkin we went inside and rested for a bit.  Then I couldn't stand it anymore.  With the tooth issue with me I had bought apples and caramel to do caramel apples but I haven't felt like doing them.  So we attempted today.  This was my very first time ever doing caramel apples.  Ever!  I had my first caramel apple in the mountains back at the beginning of October when we went on vacation.  It was DELICIOUS!!!!

I bought caramel morsels and melted them with a touch of water in a pot.  Sarah watched me.

After about 5 minutes on medium high heat the caramel morsels had turned into liquid.  Sarah dipped her apple into the caramel.  It smelled delicious!

Ready to get his apple to dip it.

It turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought.  Sarah touched the hot pot so that made me run them out of the kitchen to just let me do it.  Here is the finished product.  I must say I don't think I did too bad for a first timer.  I had one this evening and it was delightfully delicious!!


1 comment:

  1. looks like a fun day was had by all! Mmmm Caramel Apples makes me want to go get the stuff to make them right now! Can't believe you'd never had them before this year!