Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pregnancy and Birth Story of Hannah(Part 1)

Hannah is here!  We welcomed a sweet little blessing into the world on Sunday August 24 at 6:57PM.  She was due September 10th so she was a bit on the early side.  Doctors consider 37 weeks "full term" however I personally don't consider them full term until well into the 38th week.  By my findings she was a week or two early.  She had some issues that proved this to be true early on.  There is also something that happened during delivery that made me realize that God worked everything out and even though she was a bit early by gestation, she was right on time.  God had her in the palm of His hand for sure.

Leading up to her birth I had a typical, healthy pregnancy.  I'm 34 and it has been 6 years since I've been pregnant.  There are a lot of things that I went through with this pregnancy that I did not with my other three.  I have come to the conclusion that I'm just old-ER.  Back at about 35 weeks I started having what many midwives call prodromal labor which is basically early labor. I went to the hospital in fear of having baby way too early.  At that time I was a fingertip dilated.  I was "diagnosed" with false labor and sent home.  Over the next 2 weeks I continued to experience hard contractions.  They were a 4 to 5 on a scale of 1-10.  Braxton Hicks contractions have never been over a 3 for me on pain, never.  My mom and sister came over and helped.  They did meals and housework for me while I kept Miss Hannah in.  I did nothing and I was still tired or well exhausted from the contractions 24/7.  At the ultrasound at 35 weeks, Hannah measured in at 6lbs which is above average.  I figured that my due date may have been a bit off should the sonogram readings prove correct.  If not, this would be my largest baby to date.  I don't take the sonogram readings too serious though.  It could be off by a pound more or less.

Bear with me here because I have a newborn and three other children to take care of so on top of my priority list is Jesus time and then my family.  I will get to the part of the birth story that I call a miracle.  A lot of people already know what happened.  For those of you who don't stay tuned.  I'm a detail oriented person so you will know everything(minus gory stuff) about my labor and delivery.  I am writing this mainly so I can come back and remember it but I also want to renew others' faith.  I know that sometimes my faith waivers and when I hear of miracles such as this, it really refreshes me and gives me hope.  I would love it if just one person was refreshed by hearing of my little miracle.  Perhaps it renews them so much that they turn back to God.

Until next time, may you be blessed beyond measure.  May God wrap His loving arms around you and protect you and your loved ones.

In His Grip,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment