Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A letter to my mom who is turning 50 years young August 25, 2011

Dear Mom!  I realize that you are turning 50 years young on Thursday.  You probably do not want anyone other than the ones who already know to know this but I wanted to write this to you.  I'm not going to get real sentimental because you know I'm just not that type of person.  I do want you to know that I love you and I appreciate anything you have ever did for me.  There are so many things I am not even going to begin to go into them all.  I do have a few very important and key ones that I feel has made me the person I am today.
 

In particular, thank you for not pointing out my faults but being a mere example of what a Godly wife needs to be. Your silence has done tons.  Your strength comes from God above and it beams out of you and transfers into me.  You are stronger than you realize and for that I am thankful.  You have always made sure we were clean, fed, and well taken care of.  You made sure that we(my sister and I) were at church even though daddy was working all kinds of crazy swing shifts and such.  As I said before, your strength is above and beyond anything humanly possible.  It is from God above and you have been given a God amount.  You have been there for me through all my craziness.  Recently you have been my #2 strength in answering the calling in my life to homeschool my children.  I have to say my husband has been #1 only because I have to live with him.  LOL!  You are right on up there very close to him.  As my children get older, I feel closer to you.  I find myself wondering what your feelings were on certain stages when I was their age.  You support me in my non-mainstream way of parenting.  You supported me in breastfeeding my children.  You have supported me in pretty much anything I have ever set my mind to do with my children.  You've never given me the impression that I was doing something wrong.  You've never had that accusatory tone with me.  I am so grateful for that because even though it may have been wrong, the silence and the fact that you knew I may have been getting myself into something that wouldn't work, you never said that.  I know why this is.  You always pray for me.  You always pray for God to show me and your prayers are answered.  He shows me.  I am so thankful for the foundation that you gave me to be the mother and the wife that I am.  I'm not perfect by no means but if I can just be half the mom and wife you are, then I believe that I'll be doing good.

To top that off, you are an awesome, fabulous, loving, better than we could ask for NANA!!!  My babies LOVE you!!!

I love you and I appreciate you.  Happy 50th Birthday!  Welcome to the 2nd part of your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment