Sunday, May 19, 2013

Our annual Honor's Night -May 9, 2013

Our honor's night for our homeschool group is always a blessing to me.  It starts out with Kindergarten graduation where the fathers give the children their diplomas and turn their tassels and if they want they can give them a kiss on the cheek and a hug.  Last year I was able to experience this and it was very precious to me to watch my husband give our daughter her diploma, turn her tassel and give her a kiss on the cheek.  She was so proud!  After Kindergarten graduation every family who wants to comes up and the father introduces them and gives certificates for completion of the grade finished.  The children or the family as a whole does something special if they so wish.  My husband always has something very sweet to say.  He is such a blessing to me.  This year Noah who is 9 played Amazing Grace on the guitar and Sarah who is 7 played two songs on the piano.  Caleb who is 4 recited The Lord's Prayer  with the help of daddy.  Then after all the families went up front, we went and had a delicious meal and fellowshipped together.  Here are a few pictures that I would like to share from this special night.


Noah played Amazing Grace

Sarah played two songs on the piano for her "talent"

My husband was sitting with Caleb while he was supposed to be reciting the Lord's Prayer :)

I was one proud mama that night and I still am today.  My husband and kids make me proud and it's by God's grace we have made it through another year.  I look forward to continue doing school with my children in the fall.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  Nothing can even come close to comparing to the relationships homeschooling has helped me to form with my children.

1 comment:

  1. Just found that you blogged!!! I enjoyed reading your posts!!! I have been trying to be more thankful in 2013 & started a journal of that too! Sorry to hear you went through a "journey" lately homeschooling but sounds like you have that all figured out now! I have been through a lot lately too & will pray for you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete